Terms & Conditions
- No smoking or Vaping inside the property or outbuilding.
- The cottage sleeps a maximum of 6 people (unless by prior arrangement with the owner).
- Lettings are available from 4pm on day of arrival to 10.00 am on the day of departure unless by prior arrangement.
- Vehicles and belongings are left at their owners’ own risk.
- We reserve the right to remove any person or persons from the cottage due to unreasonable behaviour, damage or exceeding the stated occupancy.
- The cottage must be left clean and tidy and any breakages or damage reported to the owner.
Booking and Cancellation:
- Refunds will not be given for non-arrival for any reason. We recommend that appropriate insurance be taken out to protect against unforeseen circumstances and also personal belongings.
- A non-refundable 25% deposit of the total cost is required to secure your booking with the balance to be paid at least 4 weeks (28 days) prior to your arrival date.
- If you pay the full balance more than 4 weeks prior to arrival, you will receive a 50% refund of the total cost if you cancel at least four weeks before check-in.
- If your booking is within 4 weeks of your arrival date the booking must be paid in full.
- You may reschedule your booking if dates are available within a 3 month period of original booking date without losing your deposit.
- All cancellations must be confirmed in writing/email within 5 days of letting us know.
- Dogs are welcome (no other pets).
- Must be house trained (more than two dogs may be allowed on request).
- Dogs are not allowed in the bedrooms, on the furniture or in the bath/shower.
- It is your responsibility to clean up any dog mess in the garden and put it in the bin provided (please use dog poo bags).
- As this is a crofting community with many sheep and hens around please keep your dog(s) under control at all times.
- It is advisable to treat your dog(s) to protect against ticks before you set off to the highlands & islands as ticks are prevalent.
- Any damage caused by your dog(s) must be reported to the owner immediately.
Covid-19 and other Contagion Clauses:
COVID SYMPTOMS DURING YOUR STAY
- In the event that you or one of your party develop symptoms of COVID-19 (or similar contagion) and Government guidance or regulation prevents you from travelling home as planned, I will permit you to extend your stay for the period of isolation required by the Government at the same nightly rate as you paid in your original booking plus an additional 3 nights charge allowing for post-infection cleaning procedures required by regulation before the house can be used again.
CANCELLATION ON OUR PART DUE TO COVID-19
- I may need to cancel your booking at short notice due to COVID-19 or similar contagion (e.g. for outbreak on the island, return to lockdown, or the guests before you having to self-isolate). If our cottage is not available, I will try to find similar alternative accommodation for you but cannot guarantee this will be available. In such cases my liability to you will be limited to returning all monies received by me for your booking (or moving your booking plus money paid to another suitable date).
LIMITING LIABILITY FROM ANY INFECTION
- I will make you aware of the measures I have taken to comply with Government guidance to reduce the spread of COVID-19 or similar contagion. If you expect or require any additional measures to be taken, please let me know asap.